The TORCH Network Poetry in the Medieval World (University of Oxford) is delighted to introduce “Projecting Poetry”, an initiative designed to promote cross-disciplinary discussion, foster collaboration, and provide a platform for DPhil/PhD students engaged in research across various fields and working on medieval poetry. The goal is to create an opportunity to present ongoing research to a diverse audience of fellow students and seniors.
We invite submissions from DPhil/PhD students at an early stage of their programmes, conducting research in any field and working on poetry in any area and culture of the medieval world (chronological boundaries may be discussed with organisers); any methodological approach is welcome. We especially encourage submissions that aim to explore potential intersections between academic disciplines.
- Abstract: Please submit a 250-word abstract in English (PDF form) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the (working) research title, name, affiliation, and contact information.
- Submission Deadline: Abstracts can be submitted any time during the academic year.
- Extended Descriptions: If accepted, speakers should present a document in English (max. 1,500 words) and a title fifteen days before the seminar, with a more extensive description of their interests, research goals and, if they wish, of the challenges they face. This document will be shared with the seminar participants; therefore, it should be accessible to non-specialists.
- Sessions will be organised online for non-Oxford students and in hybrid format during term time for Oxford participants.
- Each speaker will have 20 minutes to present their research; a discussion follows. The event will be conducted in English.
For further information and inquiries, please get in touch with Ugo Mondini at email@example.com.
Non-presenting seminar participants
If you want to take part in the seminars, both in person and online, please send an email to Ugo Mondini at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, affiliation, research interests, and contact information.