SSCLE 9th International Conference, Royal Holloway, University of London, 29 June-3 July 2020
Deadline: 1 November 2019
The Society for the Study of the Crusades and the Latin East is pleased to announce its 9th International Conference, Crusading Encounters, at Royal Holloway, University of London, 29 June – 3 July 2020.
Applications for sessions of three 20-minute papers each on the theme ‘Crusading Encounters’, or for individual papers, are welcome. Themes could include, but are not limited to:
• Interactions (real or imagined) between crusaders and indigenous peoples
• Crusading archaeology
• Impact of crusading on the environment or natural world
• Intellectual influences of crusading on medicine, science, culture, language/literature
• Intermarriage, travel and/or communication between peoples, borders, languages
• Encounters with the crusading past
Please note that there will be a maximum of three sessions in any one strand.
All applications for sessions and papers must be received at email@example.com by 1 November 2019.
For further details, see https://www.sscle2020.com/