On this page
Byzantine Studies Gateways
- Byzantium on the Internet
Archaeolink - includes select list of Byzantine-related sites with brief reviews
Art and Architecture Resource at the Australian National University - huge resource of images with a distinct Byzantine theme.
- Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople
- The Greek Orthodox patriarchate of Alexandria and all Africa.
- The Holy See/Vatican City State
- Mount Athos: The Holy Mountain
- Byzantium 1200 - Explore Constantinople in 3D!
- Byzantine Numismatics - also covers issues from Trebizond, Serbia and more
- Byzantine Studies at Dumbarton Oaks
- International Medieval Congress
- Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies
- Late Antiquity Research Group
- Levantia - Byzantine and Near Eastern social history
- The Medieval Review - search for book reviews or receive them as e-mail
- Archives Hub - Search across a wealth of archives held in nearly 200 UK institutions, including the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
- Copac - Free access to the merged catalogues of many University, Specialist and National Libraries in the UK and Ireland, including the British Library. National Library of Scotland and National Library of Wales
Byzantine Texts and Manuscripts
- The Bonn Corpus - Editions of Byzantine Historians available to download in PDF format
- The Scylitzes Manuscript - Download a copy of the whole lavishly illustrated manuscript from the World Digital Library
- British Library Digital Manuscripts - Search for digitsed Byzantine manuscripts at the BL.
- Greek Manuscripts at Oxford - Browse the collection of digitised manuscripts
- Pyle - Greek manuscript resources online
Byzantine Research Projects
- Amorium - Introduction to the site and news of new discoveries and publications.
- Dumbarton Oaks' Online Inventory - browse the DO archives and photographic collections
- Medieval Slavic Menologies on line
- Porphyrogenitus Project - Lexicon of Greek minuscule abbreviations & ligatures
- Prosopography of the Byzantine Empire Project
- Prosopographie der mittelbyzantinischen Zeit
- St. Stephen's - A biocultural reconstruction of monastic life
- Suda On Line - Byzantine Lexicography
- Anistoriton - peer-reviewed online journal of history, archaeology & art history with graduate forum
- Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies (Maney Publishing) - online contents pages from recent issues
- Byzantinische Zeitschrift - contents pages from latest issues available
- Diogenes - online journal of GEM at the University of Birmingham
- Dumbarton Oaks Papers - selected e-texts available
- Gouden Hoorn (Golden Horn) - full online version
- Jahrbuch für Antike und Christentum - full online contents pages (1958 - current)
- Journal of Late Antiquity - content available by subscription, free content available online, abstracts available online.
- Parekbolai - an electronic journal for Byzantine literature.
- Revue des études byzantines - Full text of all issues from 1929 to 2008 online.
- Turkish Historical Society list of journal contents pages relevant to the culture/history/archaeology of Turkey - everything from Acta Asiatica to Zion.
Sibling Societies Around the World
- The Australian Association for Byzantine Studies.
- AIEB Bulletin d'Information et de Coordination
- French committee for Byzantine studies (CFEB)
- Centre d'histoire et civilisation de Byzance, Paris
- Oesterrreichische Byzantinische Gesellschaft und Institut fuer Byzantinistik und Neograezistik der Universitaet Wien
- Spätantike Archäologie und Byzantinistische Kunstgeschichte e.V. - Society for Late Antique and Byzantine Art
- Byzantine Studies Association of North America
- The Friends of Mount Athos - The Orthodox monasteries of Mount Athos have an unbroken history dating from the Byzantine era.
- The Society for the Study of the Crusades and the Latin East - The history of the Crusades is deeply entwined with that of Byzantium.
- Ashgate - Parent of the Variorum imprint.
- Birmingham Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies
- De Gruyter
- Dumbarton Oaks Publications