Learning & Research
This list attempts to be complete for the UK but only lists courses elsewhere that have been drawn to the attention of the SPBS.
SPBS members engage in a wide range of intellectual investigations, many of which are recorded in the annual issues of BBBS (searchable in the Archive on this site). Members are encouraged to contribute reports on their projects here.
An extremely important research element is formed by students’ MA and PhD theses. Students and their supervisors are encouraged to report both the commencement and the completion of theses, and to provide an abstract of the finished work. Again these are reported annually in BBBS
There are few research fellowships specifically for those working in Byzantine Studies, with Dumbarton Oaks and the Hellenic Programme at Princeton being the main examples. However the following offer opportunities:
- British Academy
- British Institute at Ankara
- British School at Athens
- Central European University, Institute for Advanced Study
- Institute of Historical Research
- Koç University, Turkey Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations
- Marie Curie Actions fellowships
- Newton International Fellowships
- The Leverhulme Trust